Jennifer Brown, Chief Content Officer
WHAT SHE BRINGS TO 10TH MAGNITUDE: She and the marketing department keep the 10th Magnitude employee geek-o-meter out of the red zone.
HER TITLE SHOULD BE: Content Gen Jen
HER HIDDEN TALENT: She’s an accomplished equestrian
HER NUMBER ONE BUCKET LIST ITEM: Attend all four tennis Grand Slams
10th Magnitude CCO Jennifer Brown takes the cloud message to the masses—spearheading all the branding, content and messaging in 10th Magnitude’s marketing mix. Jennifer takes a multi-target, benefit-oriented, non-technical approach in an industry that has traditionally relied on the technology to sell. “Today’s customers are not necessarily technical, in fact most of the time buyers are much more interested in their business outcomes than which technology is behind the scenes making their vision possible,” she says, “so I focus on the business vision instead of the tech.”
Jennifer combines a BS in Magazine Journalism from Syracuse University and an MBA from Columbia University with an extensive marketing, strategic communications and writing background that includes:
- Marketing and Investor Relations Consulting for a variety of clients, including Ogilvy Public Relations.
- Consumer Marketing for Ameritech, developing a go-to-market strategy and advertising for their cordless phone business.
- Investor Relations for Ameritech, writing CEO speeches, annual report copy and strategic messaging on corporate results, operations and mergers for financial analyst and institutional investor audiences.
- Investor Relations for MCI, developing and disseminating strategic marketing communications related to their merger with WorldCom.
- Public Relations for Kratz & Co., a boutique agency in New York.
- Editorial positions at magazines such as American Health and Elle.
When she’s not driving 10th Magnitude’s marketing programming, Jennifer chauffeurs her two school-aged children to ridiculous amounts of after-school activities. She lives in Glencoe, IL with her husband Alex (who happens to be 10th Magnitude’s CEO), their two children and Reuben the “Supreme Dog.”