DevOps, Automation and Continuous Delivery
Rapidly adjustable software and infrastructure let your business deliver products and services to customers more effectively than ever before. 10th Magnitude uses cloud-enabled DevOps, incorporating Chef automation tools, continuous delivery techniques and Azure auto-monitoring/auto-remediation capabilities to make your business-critical software and supporting infrastructure flexible, scalable and trustworthy.
DevOps describes the process and outcomes of adjusting software development and deployment processes as well as organizational interactions so that software can be changed, delivered and deployed quickly and easily. Implementing DevOps has far reaching benefits that include:
- Increased software feature release velocity
- Increased software delivery speed
- Improved customer response time
- Reduced infrastructure management errors
- Reduced organizational friction
In the cloud, code and infrastructure function in the same way. As a result, cloud is the perfect medium to turn your existing application or infrastructure into the basis for a three-pillar DevOps environment.
- Infrastructure Automation: 10th Magnitude uses Chef automation tools to treat infrastructure as code, creating stored, incrementally versioned, repeatable environments. Cloud provides push-button server and storage resources for automated, perfectly structured, secure development and testing environments.
- CI/CD: Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery is the practice of writing constant, small software changes and delivering frequent iterations of that software—removing expensive, inflexible, high-risk monolithic versions. Cloud provides a scalable, accessible environment rich with pre-wired services that can be incorporated into your application.
- Monitoring and Auto-Remediation: 10th Magnitude uses Microsoft Azure-based tool sets to ensure applications and servers perform properly, scale on demand and adjust automatically.
Develops web-based e-discovery applications for managing large volumes of electronic evidence during litigation or investigations.
kCura needed to create a highly scalable educational “lab” tool to provide individual demo environments for customers at its annual conference, Relativity Fest.
We developed a cloud-based, custom lab automation application that simultaneously provided over 500 attendees with an auto-provisioned Azure environment.
kCura’s production time for creating new labs and new product demos reduced dramatically, from months to hours, enabling the IT team to refocus on higher-value projects.
ZS AssociatesGlobal Sales and Marketing Data Experts
ZS transforms sales and marketing from an art to a science, creating data-driven strategies and taking on sales and marketing operations for customers.
ZS used numerous manually configured servers with a variety of solutions cobbled together and no consistent framework. The system was prone to error and there was no version control.
We used Chef to create a server configuration framework with a continuous delivery workflow that fully automated testing and deployment, and educated ZS’s team on DevOps practices.
Server configuration went from two and a half days plus four hours of manual configuration to less than one hour, and ZS took initial steps toward a true DevOps culture.
Healthcare Services & Technology CompanyLeader in Value-Based Care Solutions
Provider of value-based care solutions for hospitals, health systems and physicians, including advisory services, managed services and proprietary technology.
The client needed to determine whether Chef could be used to successfully automate the provisioning of a claims processing application.
We conducted a Chef Proof of Value (POV) that automated the provisioning of three application components to estimate the value of full application automation.
The POV demonstrated that Chef reduced application provisioning time to two hours instead of the two weeks required for the existing manual process.